"Couture is booming, with private customers doubling or even, in some houses (Dior, it is rumoured), trebling sales. An attraction stronger now than it has been since the 1950s".
The resurgence of Couture, Collin McDowell, Sunday Times February 3, 2008
École Holt Fashion Design and Couture Sewing Classes
Full Time Programs Only
Certificate - Dressmaker
2 Years (6 terms) - Full Time Course
Principles of Couture Design.
- Essential competent sewing skills.
- Textile basics.
- Technical sketches.
- Pattern making.
- Custom fitting.
- Planning and organizing work tasks and schedules.
- Assessing, estimating and purchasing for projects.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Project portfolio.
A scholarship is offered to the student of excellence at the end of the second year towards tuition for the third year of study.
Diploma - Couturier, Tailor, Designer
2 years or 6 terms - Full Time Course
Note: only available to EHC Certificate holders
- Advanced sewing skills.
- Illustration - styles and body forms.
- Complex pattern making techniques.
- Exploration of materials.
- Underpinning and structuring methods.
- Advanced tailoring.
- Original embellishments.
- Exploring business options.
- Developing client relations.
- Project portfolio
At the conclusion of study, the students will organize an EHC
Invitational Fashion Show
to showcase their achievements